5.14.2010

Hello my name is...

After reading Eva's post, I thought it was finally time to introduce myself!

I'm Lisa ... a thirty something, granny wanna be, DIYer, shoe loving, not-for-profit fundraiser. I'm also co-owner with the Dude of a "cozy" 1930s cape cod right outside of Philadelphia.

The Dude and I met in college in Connecticut and some how I convinced him to move to New Jersey. We purchased our home about 5 years ago and have slowly been updating it. His career kept him on the road (he was a tour manager for bands) so for long stretches of a time I was home by myself trying to get the house in order. During that time, I had a chance to learn every creak the house made ... especially in the middle of the night. I was like a single mom of a house. Recently, he switched careers to be home more (now he legally gets to walk into people's houses as a realtor).

I had a fun and wacky childhood in South Jersey. My family spent weekends and the summer traveling the country by motorcycle and sidecar (when my brother and I were little). When we weren't traveling, my dad was making us roof or weed the yard for a can of soda. Fun times!

I started blogging last summer after being forced encouraged by friends - Lauren and Elizabeth. I hope you enjoy reading (if not you can blame them).

So that's it! Oh, and we are also in the process of trying to find the perfect doggie to adopt.


You can also find me on Twitter at @JustOerTheRiver. Stop by and say hi!

And... on the right side bar you can find all different ways to follow da blog.


Thanks for reading!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Lisa. It's nice to meet you.

    my verification word was "clumb" - just thought that was funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a post. Love the comment about the granny wanna be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are near Cherry Hill and are looking for a small dog, there is a small dog rescue called SOS I think.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Margaret!

    We are actually looking for a medium size dog (we've been checking out Animal Adoptions Center in Lindenwold).

    ReplyDelete